Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Skarbog's First Announcement (Blog goals and agenda)

Skarbog 'ere at da biggest and best listin' post on da tubes. Just a simple Warboss from the Blood Axes klan with loads of smarts to unload onto da yoofs looking to learn how to be a propa Ork. Simply put (for those that don't like to read Ork for any longer than necessary) I'm creating a blog through which I can share my experience of being an Ork, and pass on what information I have gathered from years of playing Warhammer 40k. Playing Orks for going on 8 years in 3 different editions I have changed my army multiple times to be the most effective, and have more games and hobby time under my belt than I can count. I'll share my thoughts and views on the current rule set, codex entries, supplements and models.

 More or less what I have planned is to go through the codex first, doing a unit by unit review with a simple format for each entry to show what I think of those units; their strengths and weaknesses, so you the reader can make a more informed decision on which units you want to include in your Waaagh! Band. I plan on giving a brief description of the unit/wargear, go over stats, list Pros vs Cons and then grade a unit simply A-F on how I find them to be. Of course this is just my opinion so many may agree or disagree which is fine since we all have different tactics. But us Blood Axes is da smartest Orks, planning out da battles propa, hit 'em 'ard and fast when dez least spectin' it. Oh, and don't forget yer extra ammo, kickin' grots are there for a reason!

Rating system:
A- Awesome, showing this is one of the best options available to you, take at all costs.
B- Good, a rating that shows you want to try and include this in your list.
C- Simply average, not good, but not bad.
D- Poor, showing that is is lacking just enough that you'll want to avoid, but doesn't mean cannot be included in some cases.
F- Terrible, reserved for options that are just so bad there is no reason to take them.

 After I'm done with the codex review the next item on the agenda is general tactics. How to build your army; things you should do in a game, which units best work against which opponents and the like. After that it's up in the air what will be posted, so keep an eye out for upcoming content!




No comments:

Post a Comment